Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Texture 101


So my buddy Kurt has a photography class that he is taking and his first assignment was texture.  I wanted to do some of the assignments with him so he so kindly invited me along. Texture is a pretty basic thing really, you can find some sort of texture on pretty much anything you can find and that is why I  love going back to the basics.  I think my eye has changed since I have progressed in my photography, and not necessarily for the better or worse... it has just changed.  Doing this type of assignment forces me to shoot things I wouldn't normally shoot in my everyday life, so it stretches me in a sense.  We went to a couple different locations but it was kind of hard to find different things, because the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of texture is wood, or metal, or brick so it was a bit of a challenge thinking of locations.  
  

an abstract view through some glass



same


same glass different views



A couple old buses (or busses) we found on our hunt












probably my fav. of the bunch














huh?


I really like this one too





this is the only one i didn't edit at all, a rare thing in this digital world of ours


















5 comments:

khepworth said...

I like the bus pictures the bestest.

Berta said...

Man! How do you pick. I'm partial to the fan picture - love it and the BUS rocks. I love every pic in it's own special way. I love this work! Thanks for sharing, bubs!

Anonymous said...

those were fun to look at thanks!
great work....hard to pick one that i really love the most. i really to like the paint chip one with the turquise, the colors are soothing and you framed it super different(3rd to the bottom).
looks like your gettin' out a bit. thanks for posting them.
whit

Melissa B. said...

Cort you are awsome. Thanks for letting us borrow your wife in a few weeks!!!

duke of earl said...

sweet pics...i think that i like the fan with the glass picture the most, but there are a lot of them that i like a lot.