Friday, January 16, 2009

I have never claimed to be the smartest or handsomest person in the world

P.S  Last night I deleted about 11,000 photos off my computer.  It was a simple mistake really, I was just trying to spice up my iphoto button icon thingy with a new fresh icon of a camera lens so I created the new one and I had it on the desk top so I chucked my other one in the trash and replaced it with my new sweet one (which was an empty version of it) After a bit of cleaning up and throwing other things in the trash I ended up emptying my trash which got rid of a lot of stuff...including, 11,000+ photos that I have been so lazily storing up to empty out onto my external someday.  

Luckily I have all of the good ones preserved in Ash's blog and some in my blog, but to be honest I don't really know what was on there.  Anyone know how to find stuff that you threw away in the trash and then emptied the trash?  I can't find any trace of it in my spotlight.....or anyplace I know where to look?  Ash and I have been sick all day about it.  

I do know that a lot of them are repeat photos that already exist on my external, but there are some that I think will be gone forever:(  Sad day

5 comments:

Berta said...

"That" pretty much SUCKS! I think THEY CAN find those for you. I know the guy who I took the class from said that they can even retrieve images off of the cards on your camera once their deleted! ! ! Look into that - that would send me into a 'recliner' for a month (or two)! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeese-Louise!

Berta said...

PS Let me fixe my grammer:
. . . . they can even retrieve images off of the cards on your camera once THEY'RE deleted! ! !
(I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight knowing I misspilled that!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berta said...

PPS.
C.A.R.B.O.N.I.T.E.

Kacey Nielsen said...

Jon did the same thing last year. He found a program through google that he downloaded that finds deleted files. He doesn't remember what it was called. There were several to choose from. We only ended up finding about a third of them but that was better than none! Good luck!

Supercords said...

I bet if you spent about 1 hour searching for "deleted file retrieval" on Google and hacker forums, you'd find a way. All is not lost Cortney. Good luck.