Monday, May 12, 2008

lightroom

So my buddy Justin suggested I give Adobe lightroom 2 Beta a try to see if I like it. I currently do all of my editing in Photoshop but he said something about shortening my workflow which I am all about. The last 2 posts were used in lightroom but I just haven't figured it out all the way yet. I remember when I first tried to figure out Photoshop for the first time.....it wasn't that easy for me to just start clicking away and make a photo beautiful. Well I am back to that learning stage again as you can tell with the crappy colors and super unsaturated photos. It takes so long to get them to where you want them that when I discovered that they all sucked (after I posted them) I didn't want to go back and do it all over again so I am leaving them for now.
Overall I think I do like lightroom with the way that it flows and it allows you to work with all of the basics, which is all i need. I don't like manipulating my photos a whole lot so this keeps me grounded a little more, and makes things a little more "pure". That's just me though.
Another thing that is different for me is that I am pretty much shooting strictly in raw format now which is a result in my bad saturation levels. O.k I think I have bored everyone enough with the photo mumbo jumbo talk........after all it is a photo blog.

4 comments:

Justin Hackworth said...

Come over to my office this week and we'll have a Lightroom tutorial.

SW Portraits said...

I have heard a lot of amazing things about lightroom! Keep at it, I'm sure you'll love it! Let me know how it goes and if it's worth it!

mumovearls said...

Boring?... not at all! -Personally I love my aperture program and you'll be so much happier shooting in raw once you get used to it!-Nena

The Clark said...

one thing i've always loved about you is your purity. pure on!