Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strawberry and ice

If you know me at all, you know that I have an obsession with fishing. The times that I am not fishing, I am thinking of it, reading blogs of people that I don't even know fishing. Watching movies of other people fishing...... so Ash knows how therapeutic it is for me, so I am a pretty lucky boy that she lets me go as much as I do.

This is the 2nd time we went to Strawberry Reservoir as the ice was melting off the lake. It is by far the hottest time of the year to fish there, but at the same time it is really fricking freezing!! All 3 times that we have gone this year it has been below freezing and 30 mile per hour winds. If you dress warm it is fine.

We ended up catching about 6 each and the thing about it is that they are all quality fish. I don't think any of them were smaller than 18".

It is pre-spawn time and with all of the ice melting the fish are hungry, so here are some pics of some of the cutties we caught.

Jory came along with me and we had a grand old time.






















6 comments:

ashleyboice said...

I think you should write a paragraph about how great I am for letting you go....you should at least say when you go, you are gone the whole day until 11 at night...oh you might also want to mention in the last two weeks you have been three times. hahaa

bBchronicles said...

Ash . . . paragraph #1!!!!!!! You are an angel - most wives are . . . I know well!

Fabulous photos - real keepers and you honestly should frame some of those OR submit to fishing magazine/blog/website/newspaper!!! Amazing - it's a good thing I taught you everything you know, right?

Jory Ward said...

These turned out awesome and cool and everything good. Thank you. Ashley you are a good woman and I love your cooking and your husband.

Felipe said...

I'm green with envy, they don't have trout like that in SoCal.

Supercords said...

Gorgeous shots. Thanks for sharing the bounty with us. Delicious.

vjc said...

Beauty Fish!
(Do you know the comic Brian Regan?)That is what he says--Beauty fish!